Knutsford Development | Have a say | Tatton Estate Event | 25th June 2015
All are invited to come to an inspiring talk on how to successfully grow towns.
Town Hall Knutsford, from midday.
A wonderful and privileged opportunity to hear award winning John Simpson, a true expert in the development of high quality
mixed use neighbourhoods.
John Simpson will help guide a conversation with the Knutsford community and help identify ways to accommodate growth without spoiling what makes the town special. Furthermore, he will work with the community to understand what is needed to create sustainable and attractive neighbourhoods. A community drop in session from noon will allow people to share their views, whilst a talk and Q&A with John simpson at 7pm will look at best practice and how it can help Knutsford.
“Creating the right environment with a human scale and character that people will enjoy”
How is the present infrastructure in Knutsford?
Can the chronic shortage of housing be addressed whilst preserving uniqueness?
How to ensure provision of housing for younger and older people alike?
How can public transport, sport, health and education be designed in?
What else needs to be considered for future growth from the outset?
Come and hear John Simpson’s experiences and voice your views for now and generations to come.
The Tatton Estate is delighted to invite anyone who lives, works or simply cares about Knutsford to the community drop-in session throughout the day followed by a talk from internationally renowned architect John Simpson right here in Knutsford town centre.
A Design for Knutsford – Community Event
The Old Town Hall, Knutsford
Thursday 25th June 2015
Community Drop-in Session midday-6pm
Talk and Q&A by John Simpson 7pm
Community Drop-in Session | midday to 6pm
Come and join representatives from Tatton Estate, town planning experts and John Simpson Architects for a cup of tea at the all afternoon drop-in session. This will give the community the opportunity to hear about the pitfalls of new developments and how these have been successfully avoided in other towns and share their views on the future of growth in Knutsford and how to enhance the town’s unique character.
Discussions will look at how to ensure:
- A sustainable approach
- High quality design
- A sense of place
- Community facilities
- A neighbourhood focus
Talk and Q&A by John Simpson | 7pm
Award-winning architect John Simpson will give a talk on high quality urban design and the once-in-a-generation opportunity to enhance Knutsford. He will then lead a Q&A on how to create a sense of place with joined-up streets and squares and how the design of building can retain and build upon Knutsford’s unique heritage.
Why would I attend? Who should attend?
- This event will be of particular interest to for students who are perhaps studying or interested in studying urban and rural development, town planning, infrastructure and architecture. Students will be enthused by hearing John Simpson speak and attendance at this event may be a conversation starter at interviews and job opportunities. Please take this opportunity to hear and speak to such an interesting man.
- You might wish to live in Knutsford but find it is too expensive, come and let us know.
- Perhaps you have grown up children and realise that they may not be able to live within Knutsford and may be forced to move further away
- Do you live or work in Knutsford and feel that the journey to work is becoming unbearable as the traffic problems build.
- Are you happy with facilities within walking distance of your home, do you have to get in the car to go everywhere? Does this bother you?
- Is your business struggling to find the right staff on your doorstep or space to expand?
- Would you like to be more involved in local decisions, do you know about the Neighbourhood plan, how to get involved?
For more information, contact Tatton Estate Management
01565 654 107